Engineering Chemistry (CYT100)
This is a comprehensive course on ‘Engineering chemistry’ prepared for the Engineering students of KTU to acquire knowledge in the concepts of chemistry for engineering applications and to familiarize the students with different application oriented topics like spectroscopy, electrochemistry, instrumental methods etc. This course will help to prepare them for their university examination. It familiarize the students with topics like mechanism of corrosion, corrosion prevention methods, SEM, stereochemistry, polymers, desalination etc. The course content covers the essential chemistry fundamentals as per the curriculum assigned by APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University (KTU). The student can attempt the optional assignment questions and MCQ test to strengthen their knowledge on the topic. The assessment algorithm of our LMS will help the students evaluate their performance till they get a certification of completion.
- Apply the basic concepts of electrochemistry and corrosion to explore its possible applications in various engineering fields.
- Understand various spectroscopic techniques like UV-Visible, IR, NMR and its applications.
- Apply the knowledge of analytical method for characterizing a chemical mixture or a compound. Understand the basic concept of SEM for surface characterisation of nanomaterials.
- Learn about the basics of stereochemistry and its application. Apply the knowledge of conducting polymers and advanced polymers in engineering.
- Study various types of water treatment methods to develop skills for treating wastewater.
- Over 100+ lectures covering all the modules from the syllabus.
- Learn Engineering Chemistry from a professional trainer from your own desk.
- Suitable for beginners to advance level users.
- Personalized training for easy understanding.
- Covers each and every aspects of the content.
- Clear all your doubts online.
- MCQ test for practice after each Module.
- Practice assignment questions after each session.
- Assessment algorithm for self-evaluation.
- Pass certification after completing the minimum-criteria with unlimited attempts at hand.
Once you pass the course, you attain a certification of completion from Pace Lab. It will have a unique identifier and will be emblazoned by licensed institution logo. Authenticity of the certificate can be verified by scanning the QR code provided on the certificate.
(First few modules of this course are now available online. Other modules will be uploaded at the earliest, latest by March 2021)
- Lectures 56
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language Malayalam
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self
- Electrolytical and Electrochemical Cells
- Types of Electrode
- Calomel electrode ,glass electrode and measurement of electrode potential
- Nernst Equation and Electrochemical Series
- Potentiometric Titrations
- Fuel Cell
- Measure of Conductivity of Solution
- Galvanic Series
- Electroless Plating
- UV Visible Spectroscopy
- UV Visible Energy Level Diagram of Ethene
- UV Visible Energy Level
- Energy level diagram of Benzene
- Energy level diagram of Hexatriene
- IR Spectroscopy
- Number of Vibrational Modes
- Vibrational Energy States of Diatomic Molecule
- Force Constant of Diatomic Molecule
- NMR Spectroscopy