Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics (CET203)
This is a comprehensive course on ‘Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics’ prepared for the Engineering students of KTU to expose the students to the fundamental concepts of fluid mechanics,hydraulics of pipes and open channels and to enhance the problem solving skills, to help in applying them for the design of hydraulic structures and to real world fluid flow problems and also to prepare them for their university examination. The course content covers the essential fundamentals as per the curriculum assigned by APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University (KTU). The student can attempt the optional assignment questions and MCQ test to strengthen their knowledge on the topic. The assessment algorithm of our LMS will help the students evaluate their performance till they get a certification of completion.
- Recall the relevant principles of hydrostatics and hydraulics of pipes and open channel.
- Identify or describe the type, characteristics or properties of fluid flow.
- Estimate the fluid pressure, perform the stability check of bodies under hydrostatic condition.
- Compute discharge through pipes or estimate the forces on pipe bends by applying hydraulic principles of continuity, energy and/or momentum.
- Analyze or compute the flow through open channels, perform the design of prismatic channels.
- Over 100+ lectures covering all the modules from the syllabus.
- Learn Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics from a professional trainer from your own desk.
- Suitable for beginners to advance level users.
- Personalized training for easy understanding.
- Covers each and every aspects of the content.
- Clear all your doubts online.
- MCQ test for practice after each Module.
- Practice assignment questions after each session.
- Assessment algorithm for self-evaluation.
- Pass certification after completing the minimum-criteria with unlimited attempts at hand.
Once you pass the course, you attain a certification of completion from Pace Lab. It will have a unique identifier and will be emblazoned by licensed institution logo. Authenticity of the certificate can be verified by scanning the QR code provided on the certificate.
(First few modules of this course are now available online. Other modules will be uploaded at the earliest, latest by March 2021)
- Lectures 51
- Quizzes 5
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language Malayalam
- Students 1
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
- Fluid Properties
- Types of Fluid
- Fluid Pressure and its Variation
- Pressure Measurement
- Problems on Simple Manometer – Part A
- Problems on Simple Manometer – Part B
- Differential Manometer – Part A
- Differential Manometer – Part B
- Hydrostatic Forces on Vertical Surfaces
- Problems on Submerged Vertical Surfaces – Part A
- Problems on Submerged Vertical Surfaces – Part B
- Hydrostatic Force on Inclined Surfaces
- Submerged curved surface – Part A
- Submerged curved surface – Part B
- MCQ Test 1
- Buoyancy and Floatation – Part A
- Buoyancy and Floatation – Part B
- Stability of Submerged and Floating Bodies
- Kinematics of Fluids – Part A
- Kinematics of Fluids – Part B
- Velocity and Acceleration – Part A
- Velocity and Acceleration – Part B
- Continuity Equation – Part A
- Continuity Equation – Part B
- MCQ Test 2
- Applications of Bernoulli’s equation – Part A
- Applications of Bernoulli’s equation – Part B
- Flow through orifices – Part A
- Flow through orifices – Part B
- Flow through orifices – Part C
- Pipe flow – Part A
- Pipe flow – Part B
- Hydraulic gradient and total energy line
- Pipes in series and parallel
- Energy correction factor
- MCQ Test 3