Mechanics of Solids (CET 201)
This is a comprehensive course on ‘Mechanics of Solids‘ prepared for the Engineering students of KTU to provide the fundamental concepts of mechanics of deformable bodies and helps students to develop their analytical and problem solving skills, to introduce the various internal effects induced in structural members as well as their deformations due to different types of loading. After this course students will be able to determine the stress, strain and deformation of loaded structural elements and also to prepare them for their university examination. The course content covers the essential fundamentals as per the curriculum assigned by APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University (KTU). The student can attempt the optional assignment questions and MCQ test to strengthen their knowledge on the topic. The assessment algorithm of our LMS will help the students evaluate their performance till they get a certification of completion.
- Recall the fundamental terms and theorems associated with mechanics of linear elastic deformable bodies.
- Explain the behavior and response of various structural elements under various loading conditions.
- Apply the principles of solid mechanics to calculate internal stresses/strains, stress resultants and strain energies in structural elements subjected to axial/transverse loads and bending/twisting moments.
- Choose appropriate principles or formula to find the elastic constants of materials making use of the information available.
- Perform stress transformations, identify principal planes/stresses and maximum shear stress at a point in a structural
- Analyse the given structural member to calculate the safe load or proportion the cross section to carry the load safely.
- Over 100+ lectures covering all the modules from the syllabus.
- Learn Mechanics of Solids from a professional trainer from your own desk.
- Suitable for beginners to advance level users.
- Personalized training for easy understanding.
- Covers each and every aspects of the content.
- Clear all your doubts online.
- MCQ test for practice after each Module.
- Practice assignment questions after each session.
- Assessment algorithm for self-evaluation.
- Pass certification after completing the minimum-criteria with unlimited attempts at hand.
Once you pass the course, you attain a certification of completion from Pace Lab. It will have a unique identifier and will be emblazoned by licensed institution logo. Authenticity of the certificate can be verified by scanning the QR code provided on the certificate.
- Lectures 14
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language Malayalam
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self